Thursday 5 September 2013

Yellow: Doiles and Diggers Birthday Party

Ruby turned 3 recently and we had a Yellow-themed birthday party (it's her favourite colour).  Here are some of the details ... make sure you scroll down to the cake - it's worth it, trust me.

Mini cupcakes with washi tape flags, sitting on washi-taped cake stand:


Yellow paper straws, napkins, yellow crepe paper table runner, paper doilies painted yellow on the wall:


I don't mean to boast but there were also balloons.  Yellow ones.  I didn't want to generate any party envy so didn't bother with photos of the balloons.

Finally, the cake:



Want to see it from a few more angles?  Oh, go on then.




It took me hours.

Interested in making one of these cakes for yourself?  I'm currently writing up a tutorial, it'll be up on the blog in a week or so.

Linking up to:
Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic cake!! You did an amazing job on it!! I bet your little one was thrilled!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! Really birthday cake is worth. It’s just fabulous. Could never think of such an amazing idea. You really did a great job in arranging everything. Last week I also threw my niece’s birthday party at one of San Francisco venues. Had arranged Tinker bell themed which she loved a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...